Round 4 of the Global RallyCross Championship held at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon was claimed by Travis Pastrana ahead of Samuel Hübinette and Brian Deegan.
The fourth round of the all-American GRC series was held in the east coast state of New Hampshire and the venue was the NASCAR track New Hampshire Motor Speedway at Loudon near Concord. After Friday’s Qualification the Saturday saw three heats (4, 5 and 5 starters) as well as one Last Chance Qualifier (7 instead of 8 starters) before the Final went underway with a total of ten cars, watched by almost 20,000 spectators.
Pole setter Tanner Foust took an early lead dog-hounded by Travis Pastrana, but after half the way to the chequered flag the Ford campaigner got problems with his 560+bhp Fiesta engine to drop down the order. Pastrana took advantage from the bad luck of Foust and after the total distance of six laps drove his Dodge Dart as winner over the finish line. Second place fell prey to Samuel Hübinette in one of the Eklund Saab 9-3. The Swede from Jokkmokk took his Joker already in the first lap and was very close to Pastrana when the American came out of the Joker Lap section, but was just not quick enough to beat the Dodge pilot. Brian Deegan powered his OMSE Fiesta Mk7 to third place, his teamcolleague Foust missed a place on the winners rostrum by finishing fourth.
- FINAL RESULTS SUPERCARS:
- 1. Travis Pastrana (USA) Dodge Dart
- 2. Samuel Hübinette (S) Saab 9-3
- 3. Brian Deegan (USA) Ford Fiesta Mk7
- 4. Tanner Foust (USA) Ford Fiesta Mk7
- 5. Ken Block (USA) Ford Fiesta Mk7
- 6. Andy Scott (GB) Saab 9-3
- 7. Liam Doran (GB) Citroën C4 – DNF
- 8. David Binks (GB) Ford Fiesta Mk7 – DNF
- 9. Stéphane Verdier (F) Hyundai Veloster – DNF
- 10. Dave Mirra (USA) Subaru Impreza GR – DNF
- AFTER LAST CHANCE QUALIFIER:
- 11. “Bucky” Lasek (USA) Subaru Impreza GR
- 12. Patrick Moro (USA) Subaru Impreza GD – DNF
- 13. Sverre Isachsen (N) Subaru Impreza GR – DNF
- 14. Richard Burton (CDN) Subaru Impreza GD – DNS
More pictures to be found here: http://erc24.com/archives/6561
Video clip by ESPN (with busy Qba tearing about like a headless chicken) to be found here: